- A brief historical overview as to how the Kurbjuhn family came to own and run Polar-Stern hotel.
- Founding if the Society of Friends of Single Malt in Mecklenburg in Polar-Stern hotel in 1999.
- After a visit to Scotland the Society of Friends of Single Malt in Mecklenburg are invited to join Clan MacLeod as members.
- Clan MacLeod Society of Germany was founded at Polar-Stern hotel in February 2003 and in 2007 we were honoured to receive Clan Chiefs from all parts of the world.
- Three of IITs founding members, Axel Kross, Albrecht Kurbjuhn and Anneke Jensema were featured in this newspaper article.
- The Initiative for International Tourism IIT was founded in early 2007 by tourist professionals from the Bad Doberan region. For the 3rd year now its artist stipend Mecklenburg Inspires invites artists from all over the world to spend winter as guests in the region.
- Within IIT 2008 we were pleased to host 4 Japanese artists who produced works featuring an unique synthesis of varied cultures
- IIT held a so-called branding workshop with both German and foreign university students which produced catchy new slogans for representing the region.
- On the 12th of February 2007 we received sad news of the passing of Chief John MacLeod of MacLeod. He is succeeded by his son Hugh as clan chief.
- In early June of 2007 the G-8 summit meeting was held in the neighbouring Heiligendamm and Polar-Stern hotel was booked solid with people from the press!
- Two of our Chinese Artist friends, Wang and Dong, put on an axhibition of works created within the IIT artist stipend in Kühlungsborn.
- In March 2009 our artist friends from Germany, Denmark and China were featured at an art exhibition at Kühlungsborn Art Centre.
- In the framework of IIT artists stipent 2009 we were honoured by the visit of councellor Dong of the embassy of the People's Republic China
Please click on the text to download the article.